Two fellow bloggers KellyDS from Nowhere in Particular and Jollytr from Just Richard Armitage have nominated me for the Liebster award. It is designed to introduce fellow bloggers and seems like a fun idea. Because Kelly and Jollytr made up eleven questions each, if you’re up for it I’ve written responses to all twenty-two questions.
Okay, ready? First, the rules.
- Thank the person who nominated you and link their blog into your post.
- Answer 11 questions which you have been asked by the nominating blogger.
- Nominate 5 to 11 other bloggers who have fewer than 1,000 followers.
- Add a new list of 11 questions for the nominated bloggers.
- Paste these rules into your post.
- Make sure your nominees know about your post and their nomination.
The first questions are from KellyDS because I’m listing in the order I received them.
1.) Is there a song that you like different versions, i.e.covers of? Which is your favorite?
This question is where I’ve been stuck since I was first asked to do this. I am not good at remembering songs/titles unless I have just heard it. After a Google search of cover songs I’m going to go with “Black Magic Woman” by Santana originally done by Fleetwood Mac or Whitney Houston’s cover of “I Will Always Love You” written and previously performed by Dolly Parton.
2.) What is something you’re afraid of that you’d like to force yourself to face?
I am afraid of flying. It definitely limits where I can visit.
3.) What is your favorite footware of Richard’s?
Boots, boots, boots.
4.) What is your favorite photography subject to view? (flowers, buildings, etc. not RA 😀 )
I have a fascination with photos of abandoned buildings. My second choice would be flowers/paintings.
5.) What is a habit of yours that you’d like to break?
I procrastinate way too much. Also I’m a bit of a hoarder. Combine the two and I have a lot of stuff I need to sort through 😉
6.) Have you ever had a dream about Richard Armitage? Share a short summary:
Nothing memorable. I think I’ve dreamt of him in roles that I’ve watched just before I went to sleep.
7.) What was the first professional play/musical that you saw and how did it affect you?
A production of “The Nutcracker Suite.” I was amazed by the music and dancing.
8.) What has been your least favorite pet that you’ve owned and why?
A Hermit Crab. The name pretty much explains it; it hid under a rock ALL of the time.
9.) If you could insert yourself into a RA film as an original character, which would it be and how would you effect the outcome of the story?
I’m not sure I understand the question. An original character already in the film or an original I make up? If I was Carol Bolton in “Sparkhouse” I would see how awesome John Standring really was. If I make a character up it would be someone worthy of Lucas North who adored him completely. Thus no need for John Bateman.
10.) What is your favorite movie about classical mythology?
I couldn’t think of a single one until I Googled top films based on classical mythology. “My Fair Lady” was listed because it is based on “Pygmalion.” Never too late to learn something new.
11.) Share a random Richard Armitage related confession
I’d love to be a fly on the wall when he’s with his family or watch him ski! He’s so graceful I know it would be a beautiful sight.
The following questions are from Jollytr:
- Did you know you were sunk the first time you noticed him:
Not immediately. I had a feeling I might be when I wanted to watch “North and South” again the same week.
- An interview/ comment/quote that you enjoyed:
This quote emphasized to me how dedicated he is to his craft and his fans. Also, that he’s very human.
- Does your family know about him, if so: their thoughts:
Yes, I don’t think they understand but they don’t make fun of me.
- A silly fan thing you have done:
Buy four tickets to “Into the Storm” and invite my good friends to go with me. In hindsight I think it was a mistake as the role did not do RA justice at all (IMO.) They understand even less why I am a fan.
- A kindness you’ve done/received from a fellow fan:
I have a lovely framed photo of RA taken by Guylty on my desk with a gorgeous Thorin RAPS next to it. I’ve also received some lovely emails.
- A photo that moved you:
I like when he looks really happy or in this case happy, inquisitive and eager to please. Not as posed as a photo call or photo shoot. It makes me smile 😀
- A scene from his oeuvre which made you cry:
I’ve never cried but I did tear up at the end of BOTFA with Thorin and Bilbo.
- A song you’d like to hear him sing:
I can’t think of one – refer to my previous problem of remembering songs (very first question.)
- A reading you’d like to hear him perform:
I’m happy with the ones he has done. I have trouble listening to anything without a visual. Definitely a defect of my character (or concentration.)
- A nice encounter with him:
Just hello from RA would probably unsettle me. Ideally (if I could manage to act normal) a cup of tea or coffee at a little bistro.
- A question you’d like to ask him:
Is it hard to compete against friends (people you’ve worked with and like) when auditioning for a new role?
My questions (all about RA) I’ve borrowed a couple; I’ll give credit after the question:
- Richard Armitage Beard, Stubble, Freshly Shaven? (Important question from Obscura 😉 )
- Favorite premiere outfit with description or photo:
- How long have you been a fan of Richard Armitage?
- Would you consider yourself a serious, middle of the road or casual fan?
- Favorite Richard Armitage photo shoot:
- Lucas North or John Porter?
- Favorite RA fantasy vacation:
- A kindness you’ve done/received from a fellow fan: (Great question from Jollytr)
- Favorite (in character, any character) screen shot:
- Role you would love to see Richard play:
- Favorite male and female co-star:
preoccupied with armitage (jholland)
My Sort of Bloke (mujertropical)
Wormwood Scrubs (Barsine)
The Book of Esther
There are many others that I want to tag but someone beat me to it. Thanks to KellyDS and Jollytr this was fun!